Saturday, May 1, 2010

Still Waters

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pasture; He leads me beside the still water. He restores my soul."

I could use some still waters and some restoration of my soul. It has been a long four months. Months of worry, lies, deception, anxiety.... I almost don't know who I am. I feel like everyone has had a piece of me and there is nothing left for me to renew.

How do I find my way back? How do I break out? Where do I begin?

I begin with those first few, precious words..."The Lord IS my shepherd. I shall not want."

HE is my shepherd. He is the one to whom I look to meet my needs. I don't need to want or desire any other cure. He is the one who will meet my needs so that I don't want. Isn't that the most excellent news?

It goes further...."He MAKES me to lie down in green pastures. He LEADS me beside the still waters."

He is going to give me rest from this; he is going to MAKE me lie down. I had better cooperate and lie down when he tells me. Bad things happen when you try to tell God how it is going to be.

He is going to lead me to still waters. He is going to deliver me from this. He knows the calm way out of these last few months, and he is going to lead me in that direction.

Trust Him to be my Shepherd.
Rest in the green pasture.
Follow to the still waters.

I'm ready, Lord. Let's go!

No comments: