Thursday, May 13, 2010

SURPRISES!!















I love surprises. Well, I love MOST surprises. The surprises I am talking about today are the good kinds of surprises.
Last weekend, I was fortunate enough to spend time with my friends, Tina, Leslie, and Melvin. It has only been in the last year or so that I have been in touch with my childhoold friends. I am sorry I let time pass. I really love these people!
We talked frankly, laughed loudly, and listened eagerly to one another. It was a party at the restaurant. Our daily burdens were lifted, we were living in the moment, and we were being ourselves. What an awesome time!
It was interesting to relive some memories and to discover we were not the people the others thought we were. This is not totally a bad thing! It was fun to see the shock on one another's faces when we told stories of high school/college days, stories we agreed to not reveal! I love these friends; what a great evening!

I look forward to my next visit with the gang. We hope to include more friends and have a pool party and other such nonsense.
As my friend Dawn L said on one of my visits home, "There's no friend like a childhood friend."
I have other friends from other seasons in my life, but I agree, there is something special about those childhood friends and memories.

No comments: