Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Need a Mulligan or Two

Have you ever wanted life to come with the option to use Mulligans? Boy, I have!

Twice.....count it, TWICE in the past year, I have been told I said something that I can't believe came out of my mouth; yet it could not have possibly come out of someone elses mouth! I have no recollection of either situation. But, boy, did I say something I sure wish I had not! Both situations have proven to be utterly embarassing for me, and I'll just die if I ever have to see these fine women again.

What can I do about it? Nothing. That's the frustrating part. When we do or say something, you just can't have a re-do, a Mulligan. Our words are scattered with the wind and goes where the wind goes. Can you catch the wind? I think not. So it is with our words.

I vow to be more careful, to be more discerning, to be better, but I'm not. I stumble; I make mistakes; I stumble, and I make more mistakes. It seems to be a never-ending cycle. I am thankful for the forgiveness of my true friends, for those who help me get on my feet again and put a bandaid over the scratched up knee, for those who remind me that I am more than the screw ups that I make.

Lord, put an angel on my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....or at least teach me how to make Mulligans work in my life! ;-)

No comments: