Tuesday, November 11, 2008

High School Days

Wow! Andy is in high school this year! It happened so fast!

One day he was this little toddler who went around saying, "Gubba, Gubba, Gubba." (means "good boy, good boy, good boy"), and today he is Senior Patrol Leader in his boy scout troop, taking a full load of high school subjects, and becoming a wonderful young man every day.

Recently, I joined Facebook to check it out because Andy asked permission to join. After checking it out, I gave him the go-ahead, and he is enjoying it much with his friends. He enjoys having his own space, and that is a good thing.

My facebook experience brings up memories of high school. I am seeing people on facebook that I often wondered about.

Leslie F. was one of the first people from my past that I contacted. I was in school with her from Kindergarten through our 12 grade year at high school. She always seemed so hip to me, and she seemed to know who she was very early in life. She was outgoing and self-assured. It did not shock me at all to discover she is working in a job she likes with people who are fun.

Andy H. was also one of the first people I contacted. He was my chemistry partner in high school. He works with college students, and from his pages, seems like he is having the time of his life. That's how I would have expected to find Andy! He made high school chemistry interesting.

I wonder how they see me? Wouldn't that be interesting? I am not the same person I was in high school. In high school I was shy, awkward, and not one to jump in. I studied like crazy to achieve top grades. I did not do many social things with my high school mates because of other issues going on in my life at that time.

What a surprise my old school chums would discover if they knew all the things I have been up to in these last 20 years! Maybe as I get re-aquainted with some of them, we will once again become friends. That would be cool.

Here's to you, my friends, both old and new! I treasure every one of you!

Living and learning,
Beth

No comments: