Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Reasonable Amount

John, as I have mentioned in my other blog, has much to say. He is 9.

Last week as we were eating at the dinner table, John decided to pour himself another glass of Koolade. There was just enough left in the pitcher for John to have about a half of a glass, but he poured maybe two sips. We all stopped eating and looked at him.

I spoke first. "John, why don't you just go ahead and pour the rest of the koolade into your glass?"

John, "Well, I took what seemed to be a reasonable amount considering the circumstances."

It turns out that John was thinking of his brothers and sister remaining at the table. Since there was only about 4-5 sips of koolade left, he did not want to take all of it. What a kid!

Pulling back....not taking the last bit....thinking of others before self....I am sure there are more lessons in John's sweet gesture. He's a sweet guy, and he is going to be a great man one day!

-Beth

No comments: