Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

God has given me so much. The Bible tells us that we are to declare the works of the Lord. Today, I am writing this Thanksgiving list. I know it is only partial, and I am bound to forget something or someone. Nonetheless, here it is:

I am thankful....

....that God provided a way for me to be restored to fellowship with Him through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ, and that one day I will live with Him and enjoy and worship Him forever.

.... for my church home and friends at the church, including all the women in the Deborah Circle and friends in my posse. What a wonderfully warm church! These women are special women...forgiving, open, and welcoming.

.... for the parents of the cub scouts in my den on Monday nights.

.....for the friends I have made in the homeschool community. You all are awesome, and minister to me on so many levels.

....for the privilege of raising Andy, Joshua, John, and Grace. I adore all of you, and I am so thankful to be your mother. What an amazing gift each of you is to me!

.....for the gift of marriage. Charlie is amazing. He is warm, caring, helpful, encouraging....I could go on and on, and I do in a previous post. We have this amazing marriage. I love him very much, and I am so thankful he is the spouse the Lord had for me!

.....for our founding fathers and those who have walked before me in all areas of life....whether blazing the trail for American government or stepping out for the Lord, making my walk with Him that much sweeter.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving! My hope is that you, too, have more blessings than you can really count!

Blessings,
Beth

No comments: