Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lost Friend

Well, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I joined Facebook. I intended to join, check it out to see if I thought it was OK for my teenager, and then deactivate my account. It just hasn't worked that way!

I found a friend, R.A. He and I went to high school together. We had some classes together and knew one another - sort of. He was this extremely smart guy. One of the things that really stuck in my mind was that he had the nifty hand-held computer thing. (We are talking WAY back in 1987. ) We joked around some and were friendly to one another, but nothing that stands out for either one of us, I think. He was a computer guy; I was only interested in Charlie...yes, even at 16!

A time lapse of 21 years has passed since high school graduation. No surprise he is out running around the world working for our military doing something with lasers...I am not doing his job justice here; just take my word...its a very modern techie job with travel benefits. He and I both married spouses we adore. We both are living lives we really like, and we are having a good time catching up on facebook. It is like we are being the friends we should have been in high school.

Ah, high school....maybe I should restate that last sentence....It is like we are being the friends we could not be because of who we were in high school. Time is cool....R.A. is cool...It is fun to have a high school chum again!

Living and Learning,
Beth

No comments: